We are a local chapter of the National Audubon Society, and a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization promoting education and wildlife conservation in Payne County, Oklahoma. We sponsor field trips and evening educational programs, an annual big day birding competition, and we award annual research grants. We are actively engaged in citizen science for ornithology by managing two Audubon Christmas Bird Counts (Stillwater and Sooner Lake) and we have led the state in submissions to the Great Backyard Bird Count. We proudly support the Important Bird Areas program in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Prairie-Chicken Festival, and the initiative to establish a statewide Audubon office. For those so inclined, we also manage a Facebook group, which is a great place to share information, photos, and announcements relevant to birding and wildlife conservation right here in central Oklahoma.
We welcome your visit to this site, your feedback, your support (financial or moral) of our work, and above all, your participation in our events! Thank you for stopping by and good birding,
~Payne County Audubon Society
Executive Board Directors
- President, Tim O’Connell: email@example.com
- Vice President, Leslie Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Tim O’Connell: email@example.com
- Treasurer, Les Imboden: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Cowley: email@example.com
- Caitlin Laughlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Shaw: email@example.com
- Jessica Torres: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Please take a moment to learn about John James Audubon and how his name became synonymous with bird conservation more than 100 years ago.