Upcoming events of the Payne County Audubon Society:
2017 Thursday Evening Presentations:
- March 2: Leslie Miller will be on hand with her sage advice in gardening for birds.
- April 6: Presentations from the 2016 Helen Miller and Edwin Glover scholars, plus announcement of 2017 scholarship winners.
In 2016, we were pleased to award the Edwin Glover Award to Caitlin Laughlin for her proposal regarding Insectivorous bird responses to fire frequency in the Cross Timbers, and the Helen Miller Award to Corey Riding for The effects of artificial illumination on window collisions by nocturnally migrating birds. Caitlin is working toward an MS and Corey toward a PhD, both in the department of Natural Resource Ecology and Management.
2017 Field Trips
- Feb. 26 – Botanic Garden at OSU – 2:00 pm (meet at south entrance)
- Mar. 25 – Lake Carl Blackwell
- Apr. 29 – Couch Park
- Apr. 30 – Birdathon Big Day
- May 13 – Wichita Mountains NWR
Thursday Evening Presentations and Activities –
We typically gather on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. Unless otherwise indicated, all evening presentations will be held in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University.
Visitors to the Botanic Garden can access the grounds via the South Entrance on Rt. 51. Better for evening programs, we will arrange to have the gate at the North Entrance (accessed by Virginia Avenue) open after hours. Parking will be available in lot “parking A” on the above map.