Our typical schedule includes an evening presentation on the first Thursday of the month, usually followed by a field trip on the first Saturday. Unless otherwise advertised, we schedule activities September–December and February–May. Sometimes, however, we’re atypical, so make it a habit to check here often!
Schedule of Events: September–December, 2017
- Sat. 9 September: Fall kick-off field trip to Couch Park
- Thu. 5 October: Beginning Birding I, Leslie Miller
13–15 October: Annual Technical Meeting, Oklahoma Ornithological Society. This year’s meeting will take place at the University of Oklahoma’s Biological Station on Lake Texhoma. This is an outstanding opportunity to meet and collaborate with bird- and conservation-minded folks from across our state, hear some great talks, and participate on some first-class field trips!
- Sat. 7 October: Field trip to Great Salt Plains NWR
- Thu. 2 November: Beginning Birding II, Tim O’Connell
- Sat. 4 November: Field trip to Botanic Garden at OSU
- Thu. 7 December: Planning for PCAS Christmas Bird Counts
- Sat. 9 December: Field trip to Sooner Lake
- Sat. 30 December: Stillwater Christmas Bird Count
(Sooner Lake Christmas Bird Count TBA)
Schedule of Events: February–May, 2018
- Sat. 13 January: Field trip to Oklahoma City lakes
- Thu. 1 February: Gardening for birds, Leslie Miller
- Sat. 3 February: Field trip to Sanborn Lake
- Thu. 1 March: Birds of the Lower Rio Grande Valley, Jim Cowley
- Sat. 24 March: Field trip to Lake Carl Blackwell
- Thu. 5 April: Presentations from 2016 Miller and Glover Award winners
- Sat. 28 April: Field trip to Hackberry Flat WMA
- Thu. 3 May: Evening bird walk at the Botanic Garden at OSU
- Sat. 19 May: Field trip to Wichita Mountains WMA
Thursday Evening Presentations and Activities –
We typically gather on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. Unless otherwise indicated, all evening presentations will be held in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University.
Visitors to the Botanic Garden can access the grounds via the South Entrance on Rt. 51. Better for evening programs, we will arrange to have the gate at the North Entrance (accessed by Virginia Avenue) open after hours. Parking will be available in lot “parking A” on the above map.