“In Search of Meadowlarks: Birds, farms, and food in harmony with the land” with Dr. John Marzluff
April 10, 7pm, Hideaway Pizza (free pizza!)
Dr. John Marzluff, author of Gifts of the Crow and professor of Wildlife Science at University of Washington, will visit us to talk about his new book, In Search of Meadowlarks: Birds, Farms, and Food in Harmony with the Land. A list of Dr. Marzluff’s books can be found here and information about his research background can be found here.
Further details TBA.
2020 Evening Programs:
Thursday evening programs for 2019–2020 will be held in the group meeting room at The Hideaway (Hideaway Pizza, 230 S. Knoblock in Stillwater, OK – scroll down for map). We will feed you! That’s right – dinner is sorted on Audubon nights with the PCAS supplying FREE PIZZA for all attendees. Yes, bring friends and family. No, you don’t need to be an Audubon member. Just come and have some pizza on us, and learn more about birding and conservation right here in Stillwater!
Evening programs begin 7:00 pm
- Thursday, 2 April 2020: The PCAS will host presentations from the 2019 Helen Miller and Edwin Glover scholarship winners, Emily Geest, Elisa Henderson, and Matt Ridenour. In addition, we will celebrate the 2020 scholarship winners!
- Friday, 10 April 2020: Dr. John Marzluff, author of Gifts of the Crow and faculty at University of Washington, will visit us to talk about his new book, In Search of Meadowlarks: Birds, Farms, and Food in Harmony with the Land. Further details TBA. A list of Dr. Marzluff’s books can be found here and information about his research background can be found here.
Field Trips: 2020
For more information, check out the pages for Field Trips page.
- March 7th, 8am – Beginner-friendly bird walk at The Botanic Garden at OSU with guide Caitlin Laughlin.
- March 7th, 2pm – Bird The Botanic Garden at OSU with The Walking Library program of the Stillwater Public Library and guides Les Imboden and Caitlin Laughlin. (Rescheduled from February 23)
- April 24–25 – BIRDATHON! Our annual fundraiser raises plenty of fun as teams compete to find the most species in a 24-hour period (6:00pm 24th–6:00pm 25th). You can compete on a team, sponsor a team, or both. Sponsors generally pledge teams some (tax-deductible) amount per species found; this is the #1 source of support to fund PCAS programming for the next year, so we need YOU! Join us and learn more details on our BIRDATHON and the OK Big Day page.
- May 2nd – Birding & Burgers at Lake McMurtry. Join us for birding, lunch, and camaraderie! Free and open to the public, you can find more information on the Field Trips page.
Hideaway Pizza, University and S. Knoblock: