Our typical schedule includes an evening presentation on the first Thursday of the month, usually followed by a field trip on the first Saturday. Unless otherwise advertised, we schedule activities September–December and February–May. Sometimes, however, we’re atypical, so make it a habit to check here often!
Schedule of Events: February–May, 2018
- Thu. 1 February: Gardening for Birds, Leslie Miller
- Sat. 3 February: 12:00 pm, bird walk at Sanborn Lake, Les Imboden.
- Thu. 1 March: Birds of the Lower Rio Grande Valley, Jim Cowley and Les Imboden
Jim provided the following links to things he plans to present in his talk this Thursday night. Hope to see you there!
- Birding Texas by Roland H. Wauer & Mark A. Elwonger
- Handbook of Avian Hybrids of the World by E.M. McCarthy
- Reddish Egret
- Reddish Egret USFWS Conservation Plan
- World Birding Center – with links to 9 premiere birding destinations in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
- Falcon Lake State Park and the Boca Chica Loop
- Salineno Wildlife Preserve (awesome tropical birds seen from lawn chairs!)
- Mon. 5 March: Deadline for submission of Helen Miller and Edwin Glover research proposals.
- Sat. 24 March: 8:00 am field trip to Lake Carl Blackwell
- NO April Meeting in 2018!
- Sat. 28 April: weekend field trip to the Wichita Mountains NWR. For full details see “Our Next Field Trip”!
- Thu. 3 May: Evening bird walk at the Botanic Garden at OSU. This will begin at 7:00 pm at the Education Center with presentation of the 2018 winners of the Helen Miller and Edwin Glover Research Awards.
Schedule of Events: September–December, 2017
- Sat. 9 September: Fall kick-off field trip to Couch Park
- Thu. 5 October: Beginning Birding I, Leslie Miller
- Thu. 2 November: Beginning Birding II (6:00 bird walk; 7:00 pm presentation), Tim O’Connell
- Thu. 7 December: Planning for PCAS Christmas Bird Counts
- Sat. 9 December: Field trip to Sooner Lake
- Sat. 30 December: Stillwater Christmas Bird Count
Thursday Evening Presentations and Activities –
We typically gather on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. Unless otherwise indicated, all evening presentations will be held in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University.
Visitors to the Botanic Garden can access the grounds via the South Entrance on Rt. 51. Better for evening programs, we will arrange to have the gate at the North Entrance (accessed by Virginia Avenue) open after hours. Parking will be available in lot “parking A” on the above map.