Our typical schedule includes an evening presentation on the first Thursday of the month, usually followed by a field trip on the first Saturday. Unless otherwise advertised, we schedule activities September–December and February–May. Sometimes, however, we’re atypical, so make it a habit to check here often!
Schedule of Events: February–May, 2018
- Thu. 1 February: Gardening for Birds, Leslie Miller
- Sat. 3 February: Bird walk at Sanborn Lake, Les Imboden.
- Thu. 1 March: Birds of the Lower Rio Grande Valley, Jim Cowley
- April Meeting TBA: Presentations from 2016 Miller and Glover Award winners
- Thu. 3 May: Evening bird walk at the Botanic Garden at OSU
Schedule of Events: September–December, 2017
- Sat. 9 September: Fall kick-off field trip to Couch Park
- Thu. 5 October: Beginning Birding I, Leslie Miller
- Thu. 2 November: Beginning Birding II (6:00 bird walk; 7:00 pm presentation), Tim O’Connell
- Thu. 7 December: Planning for PCAS Christmas Bird Counts
- Sat. 9 December: Field trip to Sooner Lake
- Sat. 30 December: Stillwater Christmas Bird Count
Thursday Evening Presentations and Activities –
We typically gather on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. Unless otherwise indicated, all evening presentations will be held in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University.
Visitors to the Botanic Garden can access the grounds via the South Entrance on Rt. 51. Better for evening programs, we will arrange to have the gate at the North Entrance (accessed by Virginia Avenue) open after hours. Parking will be available in lot “parking A” on the above map.