Evening Meetings: Sep. 2018 – Apr. 2019
- Thu. 6 September: Season opening Pot-luck Dinner (Education Center at the Botanic Garden at OSU), 6:00 pm
- Thu. 1 December: Preparation meeting for the Audubon Christmas Bird Counts (Stillwater Public Library) 7:00 pm
- Thu. 7 March: Southeast Arizona Birding Adventure – photos and highlights from Susan Walker (Stillwater Public Library) 7:00 pm
- Thu. 4 April: Research Awards Evening – Abbey Ramirez, 2018 recipient of the Helen Miller Award, will present results of her 3-year study of wintering Northern Saw-Whet Owls in Oklahoma. Also, the 2019 recipients of the Helen Miller Award and Edwin Glover Award will be announced. To mix things up a bit, we have reserved the group meeting room at The Hideaway (a.k.a., Hideaway Pizza) for this celebration of research sponsored by the Payne County Audubon Society. (The Hideaway, 230 S. Knoblock in Stillwater) 7:00 pm
Field Trips: Jan – May 2019
In addition to our official PCAS field trips, Tim O’Connell will be leading multiple bird walks this spring for the OSU Ornithology class. All are free and open to the public.
Sunday, 20 Jan., 3:00 pm: Boomer Lake, Stillwater, OK Saturday, 2 Feb., 9:00 am: Sanborn Lake, Stillwater, OK
- Tuesday, 5 Feb., 4:00 pm: OSU North Fields, Stillwater, OK
- Saturday, 16 Feb., 2:00 pm: Botanic Garden at OSU, Stillwater, OK
- Sunday, 17 Feb: 1:00 pm, Couch Park. Jim Cowley will lead this field demonstration on Basic Bird Photography. On this trip we hope for plenty of ducks and hawks, or most any bird that will pose for birders who want to try their hand at wildlife photography. A camera is not strictly necessary, but participants should know the pace will be more stop than go on this outing. Participants will be encouraged to submit their best shots of the day for posting on the club website and Facebook page. Leader: Jim Cowley; email@example.com
- Sunday, 24 Feb., 4:00 pm: Babcock Park, Stillwater, OK
- Saturday, 9 Mar., 8:00 am: Lake Carl Blackwell, Payne County, OK
- Tuesday, 12 Mar., 3:00 pm: Botanic Garden at OSU, Stillwater, OK
- Saturday, 30 Mar., 8:00 am: Couch Park, Stillwater, OK
- Tuesday, 16 Apr., 3:00 pm: Babcock Park, Stillwater, OK
- Saturday, 27 Apr., 12:01am–6:00 pm: BIRDATHON, Payne County, OK
- May 2019, Jessica Torres will lead a bird walk, place and time TBA.
Thursday Evening Presentations and Activities –
Beginning 2018, we are moving to just two evening meetings per semester (we normally track the school year) and placing greater emphasis on field trips. We will also spread the location around three different Stillwater venues, so please be sure to check here for locations. Thursday evening meetings and presentations will be held in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University, at the Stillwater Public Library, and at Hideaway Pizza.
Visitors to the Botanic Garden can access the grounds via the South Entrance on Rt. 51. Better for evening programs, we will arrange to have the gate at the North Entrance (accessed by Virginia Avenue) open after hours. Parking will be available in lot “parking A” on the above map.
The Stillwater Public Library is located at the corner of 12th Ave. and South Duck Street.